“As individuals and people acting together, we have the power to change the world toward a sustainable future. I believe we can find sound solutions by living in harmony with Nature and working to strengthen the life support systems of the Living Earth.”
Please contact me to discuss a custom presentation that will fit with your audience.
Phone: (412) 708 9277
Patricia M. DeMarco is a native of Pittsburgh, PA. with a doctorate in Biology from the University of Pittsburgh. She has spent a thirty -year career in energy and environmental policy in both private and public sector positions.
Her book, titled “Pathways to Our Sustainable Future – A Global Perspective from Pittsburgh” explores positive pathways toward sustainability, based on 28 case studies in Pittsburgh.
Inspired by Rachel Carson’s environmental ethic, the book was funded by the W. Clyde and Ida Mae Thurman Fund of The Pittsburgh Foundation. It was published by The University of Pittsburgh Press in 2017.
Order the book and find a book signing event here https://patriciademarco.com/book/
- Forest Hills Borough Council Member 2016-2020 and Vice President 2020 to present
- Senior Scholar, Chatham University, Adjunct Faculty 2012 to present
- Battle of Homestead Foundation – Treasurer 2018 -2020, Board Member 2021-2024
- Board of Trustees, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens 2019-2021
- Board of Directors, Allegheny Land Trust 2020 –
- Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Interfaith Power and Light
William R. Freudenburg Lifetime Achievement Award, Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences 2017
“Rachel Carson’s environmental ethic – a guide for global systems decision making.” Journal of Cleaner Production. Vol 140, Part 1, Pages 127-133. January 2017.
Patricia M. DeMarco. “Protecting the Rights of the Living Earth.” in Toward a Healthy Planet. Gerald Magill and James Benedict (Eds.) Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Newcastle upon Tyne, UK. 2021. Pages 53-67.